Jun 05 , 2020
Highly prized as a health tonic for centuries, Apple Cider Vinegar has a multitude of powerful properties you can harness to positively impact your health.
The truly magical element in Apple Cider Vinegar is the Acetic Acid. Crushed apples have yeast added to convert the fruit sugars to alcohol, then friendly bacteria is introduced to the brew. That's when things start getting really interesting.
After a month of fermentation, Acetic Acid is born. And this amazing stuff truly is alive. This active component in Apple Cider Vinegar is responsible for countless health benefits, including reducing inflammation, keeping blood sugar spikes under control and lowering blood pressure. Naturally highly alkaline, Acetic Acid keeps all the systems in your body running smoothly.
Here's three ways adding Apple Cider Vinegar to your diet will support your overall health and wellbeing!
Apple Cider Vinegar helps regulate our blood sugar levels and maintains them within a healthy range. Lowering blood sugars is essential in preventing premature aging and chronic disease, keeping blood pressure and cholesterol in check, not to mention the most important factor: Staving off Type-2 Diabetes.
- Maintaining a healthy blood sugar range stabilizes your body's production of insulin, the hormone responsible for breaking down the sugars from the food you eat and converting them into energy.
- Acetic Acid lowers blood sugar levels after meals, preventing a spike and a subsequent crash later on.
Studies have proven that Apple Cider Vinegar is beneficial in patients with Type-2 Diabetes, reducing their insulin response after meals and the impact of consuming refined sugars.
Apple Cider Vinegar assists your weight loss efforts in several different ways. One standout factor is its ability to curb your cravings and reduce your appetite, meaning you'll feel fuller for longer after meals and therefore consume less calories over the course of the day.
- Acetic Acid suppresses the centers in your brain that control your appetite. You'll be less inclined to over-eat as you'll be able to put down your fork when you're comfortably full at mealtimes.
- With a decreased appetite and stabilized blood sugars, troublesome cravings are managed and it'll be easier to resist high-calorie snacks.
You'll increase your feelings of fullness. When taken with a meal high in carbs, Apple Cider Vinegar will help you feel full for longer, and therefore less likely to consume more calories by excessively snacking later on.
Apple Cider Vinegar can help with digestive issues that result from not producing enough stomach acid to effectively process your food; such as bloating, indigestion and wind. Supporting your digestion will not only help you feel more comfortable, but also allows your body to get the most energy out of the food you consume.
- Acetic Acid found in Apple Cider Vinegar will help with the digestion of protein-rich foods, alleviating that "heavy" feeling after a meal.
- Apple Cider Vinegar will ease inflammation of the gut by encouraging the digestion of problematic foods, supporting a healthy digestive tract that allows your food to be processed effectively.
- The probiotic properties due to the friendly bacteria in Acetic Acid helps prevent the overgrowth of bad bacteria in your stomach. When the bacteria in your gut flora is in balance, you'll notice reduced bloating and discomfort due to inflammation of the stomach lining.
We know you'll love the results you'll see when you incorporate Apple Cider Vinegar into your diet!
Pro Tip: For all the benefits of ACV without the sour taste, try the delicious Mela Gummy... It's all-natural, vegan and totally tasteful!